To celebrate the International Year of Small Island Developing States (SIDS) 2014, the UNFCCC secretariat is offering 2 five-months fellowships to young professionals from the region who are interested in contributing to the work on climate change adaptation or on gender and youth related dimensions of climate action. These fellowship awards are made available thanks to the generous financial contribution of the Government of Norway.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a SIDS national;
- Be employed by a SIDS government or governmental institution/organization;
- Be between 24 and 35 years of age;
- Have experience or knowledge in the areas of either climate change adaptation, or gender and/or youth and climate change;
- Have preferably completed a Master degree, or equivalent;
- Have good communication skills in English.
- While fellowships are awarded to individuals, the need for training must occur within their respective government.
The fellowship programme is not intended for students and does not provide financial support for obtaining an advanced university degree or PhD studies. More